Annual UA “On Our Own Time” Art Exhibit Showcases the Artist Within
Calling All Artists: UA Employees/Retirees/Volunteers & Immediate Family Members
100 registrations are required for the exhibit to qualify for cash awards!
This exhibit will be online ONLY for the entire month of February, 2021.
Registration deadline is January 18, 2021 – There is no fee to enter this competition.
- Participants must be an employee/retiree/volunteer of the University of Arizona or their immediate family member.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant completed within the last three years.
- Not accepted:
- paint-by-number pieces
- photocopies or photograph of artwork (other than your own)
- magazine or book illustrations
- random snapshots
- The National Arts Program and the University of Arizona reserve the right to disqualify entries they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
This show is comprised of art from all ages and levels of ability. Each piece of artwork will be judged within its classification, not based on its medium. Each artist selects the classification in which their work will be judged; however, the judges may make the final determination in special cases.
- Professional: a person with serious art training or employed in an art related field
- Intermediate: a person with some experience, they may have taken a few art classes
- Amateur: a person with little or no experience in the arts
- Teen: 13-18 years of age
- Youth: 12 years and under
Awards to be Distributed
- Professional - First, Second, & Third Place
- Intermediate - First, Second, & Third Place
- Amateur - First, Second, & Third Place
- Teen 13-18 - First, Second, & Third Place
- Youth 12 & Under - First, Second, & Third Place
- Best of Show (1) - May be given to the one piece that the judges feel is their overall favorite within the three Adult classifications (amateur, intermediate, professional).
- Art Education Award (1) - This award may be given to any one artist in either the Teen or Youth categories. Award is to be used as payment for any visual arts class, training from an instructor, or art materials that will help further their art education or practice.
- Honorable Mentions
- People’s Choice
- Submit only entries which fit into these medium categories: Painting, Works on Paper, Photography, Sculpture, Craft, Mixed Media.
- Two (2) artwork entries are allowed per eligible person.
- Since the 2021 Exhibit is only online, there will be no weight or size restrictions. One photo (.JPG) per entry please.
- Artwork that does not meet specifications will be disqualified before judging.
To register, visit the UA On Our Own Time Art Exhibit Page: www.nationalartsprogram.org/uofa
Detailed instructions on how to upload your entries will be provided after registration in your confirmation email.
Public Exhibit: The 2021 exhibit will be accessible to the public online. Details to follow!
Questions? Contact us at OOOTArtExhibit@arizona.edu
Tucson: Pamela Wagner, 520-621-7910
Phoenix: Cynthia Standley, 602-827-2148