10th Annual UA “On Our Own Time” Art Exhibit Showcases the Artist Within
Calling All Artists: UA Employees/Retirees/Volunteers & Immediate Family Members
100 registrations are required to qualify for over $3,400 in cash awards!
Registration deadline is January 27th – There is no fee to enter this competition.
- Participants must be an employee/retiree/volunteer of the University of Arizona or their immediate family member.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant completed within the last three years.
- Not accepted:
- paint-by-number pieces
- photocopies or photograph of artwork
- magazine or book illustrations
- random snapshots
- The National Arts Program and the University of Arizona reserve the right to disqualify entries they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
Artwork will be judged in the classification of the artist’s selection; however, in some cases, the exhibition
judges will make the final determination.
- Amateur: a person with little or no experience
- Intermediate: a person with some experience, beginning art students, etc.
- Professional: a person with serious art training, or employed in an art related job
- Youth: 12 years and under
- Teen: 13-18 years old
- Submit only entries which fit into the listed medium categories.
- Two (2) artwork entries are allowed per eligible person.
- All artwork will need an NAP identification label placed on the back (provided at drop off).
- All 2-dimensional entries should be matted, framed and/or ready to hang with wire securely on the back.
- All work must measure no more than 40” in any direction or weigh more than 50 pounds unless otherwise stipulated.
- Artwork that does not meet size limitations or specifications will be disqualified before judging.
To register, visit the UA On Our Own Time Art Show Page: www.nationalartsprogram.org/uofa
Registration deadline: January 27th, 2020
Art drop Off: All Tucson entries must be delivered to UA BSRL Lobby located at 1230 N. Cherry Ave on January 31 between 7:30am - 4pm. All Phoenix entries must be delivered to the Health Science Education Building Room A501 located at 435 N. 5th Street on January 31 between 7:30am - 4pm.
Reception: A public reception and presentation of awards will be held at UA BSRL Lobby on February 15 from 1pm - 3pm.
Public Exhibit: The exhibit is located at the UA BSRL Lobby (1230 N. Cherry Ave, Tucson) and is free and open to the public from February 3 - 15, weekdays from 8AM to 5PM.
ALL ART MUST BE PICKED UP BY: Tucson artists are responsible for retrieving his/her artwork from the UA BSRL Lobby on February 17 between 7:30am - 4pm. Phoenix artists are responsible for retrieving his/her artwork from the Health Science Education Building Conference Room A501 on February 17 between 7:30am - 4pm. No work is to be removed prior to the end of the exhibition. Neither the University of Arizona nor the National Arts Program will be responsible for unclaimed works.
Tucson: Pamela Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-7910
Phoenix: Cynthia Standley, email@example.com or 602-827-2148